The development shall not be begun later than the expiration of THREE YEARS from the date of this permission.
REASON: Required to be imposed pursuant to Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans:
Site Location Plan (Dwg No STDC-SIZ-LF-PLA-0001) received by the Local Planning Authority on 25/08/2020
Existing Ground Spot Levels (Dwg No STDC-SIZ-LF-PLA-0002) received by the Local Planning Authority on 25/08/2020
REASON: To accord with the terms of the planning application.
No phase of development shall take place until a Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) for that phase of the development has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The approved CEMP shall be adhered to throughout the construction period of that phase. The CEMP shall include details of any phasing of the approved works across the site and shall demonstrate how the mitigation measures set out in the submitted Habitats Regulations Assessment, Arup, dated 14 August 2020 have been incorporated in to the construction methods and how they will be implemented. The CEMP shall also include the following details:
• The method to be used to control the emission of dust, noise and vibration from construction works, including any details of any mitigation measures required;
• Measures to control the deposit of mud and debris on adjoining public highways;
• Site fencing and security;
• Temporary contractors’ buildings, plant, storage of materials, lighting and parking for site operatives;
• The use of temporary generators;
• The arrangement or turning of vehicles within the site so that they may enter and leave in forward gear;
• A risk assessment of construction activities with potentially damaging effects on local ecological receptors including any measures to protect those receptors during construction;
• Roles and responsibilities for the implementation of the CEMP requirements and measures; and
• Measures to control invasive plant species.
REASON: In the interest of neighbour amenity, highways safety and protection of sites of ecological value in accordance with policies SD4 and N4 of the Redcar and Cleveland Local Plan.
REASON FOR PRE-COMMENCEMENT: The information is required prior to any works commencing on site as it relates to construction details which are often the first works on site and relate to site preparation.
No phase of development hereby approved shall take place until further details which are based upon the recommendations set out in the Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment (Shallow Soils), Arcadis, August 2020 and the Outline Remediation Strategy, Wood, June 2019 have been submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority. These details shall include:
• An assessment of deep soils, ground and surface water to further assess the risks to Controlled Waters at the site, and the risks to human health from the vapour intrusion pathway;
• A further assessment of the risk to identified surface water receptors from concentrations of CoC identified in groundwater; and
• A remediation options appraisal for the loose asbestos fibres identified in the Made Ground on the site. Additional data collection may be needed to support the associated risk assessment/remediation design.
REASON: To ensure that risks from land contamination to the future users of the land and neighbouring land are minimised, together with those to controlled waters, property and ecological systems, and to ensure that the development can be carried out safely without unacceptable risks to workers, neighbours and other offsite receptors.
REASON FOR PRE-COMMENCEMENT: The information is required prior to any works commencing on site as it relates to earth works which are often the first works on site and relate to site preparation.
The development hereby approved shall be carried out in accordance with the mitigation measures as set out in the submitted Habitats Regulations Assessment, Arup, dated 14 August 2020, and shall be implemented in full.
REASON: In order to ensure that the development does not have an adverse effect on the integrity of the Teesmouth and Cleveland Coast Special Protection Area (SPA) and does not damage or destroy the interest features of the Teesmouth and Cleveland Coast Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
The development hereby approved shall be considerate of the sustainable use of materials already existing on the site where technically and financially feasible.
REASON: In the interests of sustainable development.
There shall be no site vegetation clearance between March to the end of August unless the project ecologist has first undertaken a checking survey immediately prior to the clearance and confirms in writing to the Local Planning Authority that no active nests are present.
REASON: To conserve protected species and their habitat in accordance with policy N4 of the Local Plan.
The finished levels of the site following completion of the works hereby approved shall generally be no higher than 8.8m AOD unless agreed in writing with the local planning authority.
REASON: To ensure a satisfactory relationship between the site and surrounding development in accordance with policy SD4 of the Local Plan.
Statement of Co-operative Working: The Local Planning Authority considers that the application as originally submitted is a satisfactory scheme and therefore no negotiations have been necessary.